Wi-Fi Movement Logger Project
Logging movement is one of the simpler tasks to achieve using a commonly available PIR detector with circuit board included and programming the microcontroller to count the number of times that the PIR detector changes state over a fixed time interval. The data is then sent to and stored in a remote database via the Wi-Fi connection. PIR detectors can when used in certain operating environments can be prone to false triggers. The factors that need to be considered are:
- For what application is the detector going to be applied to?
- What time interval is required between each log entry?
- Is a PIR sensor the right device to use?
- Does the system need to be robustly protected against False Trigger
- Has the operating environment been tested for long enough?
PIR Movement Logger Hardware
Graph showing movement count per 10 minute intervals (Not Live Data)