- Embed a unique LAN network ip address (and subnet mask) in the remote instrument program.
- Ensure the remote instrument tcp/ip setting points to the router gateway.
- Enable NAT on the router to pass the received data to a central logging computer.
- Program logging computer application to identify the incoming source and log/display the data.
- View a typical data logging output
Ethernet unit with remote logging SD card facility
Implementing remote control via the WAN it is necessary to understand how NAT works.